BROK the InvestiGator is the first full-fledged classic adventure game that blind players can fully play through!
- Fully narrated via quality text-to-speech and audiodescriptions (characters, locations and scenes.)
- Puzzles adapted for blindness.
- All puzzles and fights can be skipped.
- Adapted tutorials.
- Buttons to repeat the last voice speech and instructions.
- Positional audio for fights.
- No online connectivity required (after the download).
- No specific device required: play with keyboard or a controller.
- Additional options: larger fonts and increased contrast (backgrounds and enemies.)
- Compatible with all versions of the game (Steam, GOG, PS4™, PS5™, Nintendo Switch™ and Xbox)
To enter the accessibility menu, press SPACE (or X on a Xbox controller, Y on a Switch controller, SQUARE on PlayStation controller) on the title screen, then follow the audio instructions.
For best audio prompts, choose your type of controller in the options.
IMPORTANT: Accessibility speeches are only available in English.
However, a new option has been added to the Windows version to play speeches in other languages.
This option is exclusively for Windows and sends the accessibility text to the clipboard instead of using pre-recorded files, delegating the narration to a text-to-speech software installed on your computer.
The voices are also speeched in addition to the English voices.
- Enable "clipboard narration" at the bottom of the accessibility menu. All the text will be sent to the clipboard.
- Install a text-to-speech software on your computer such as NVDA with a "Clipboard Reader" plugin.
- Languages supported: Simplified Chinese, French (the other languages are partially supported)
Here is a link to download two compatible plugins (you can choose one or the other)
It can also be used if you don't like the English game's voice. Just a warning: this is not ideal because the game cannot control the duration of the speeches, so for example it waits for user input between each speech and for audiodescriptions.
ABOUT THE XBOX VERSION: The Xbox version has an audio issue, do not use "Headset format" for HDMI/Optical audio in settings or all the sounds have an echo. I am waiting for a fix from the middleware (GameMaker) to address this.
Accessibility has been added from version 1.3.0.